Business Integrity at Prudential
|"In all of our businesses, our aim is to build lasting relationships with our customers in the U.S. and around the world. To meet this goal, we must be worthy of their trust in our ability to help them achieve financial security, and we must remain ethical in all aspects of our business relationships - both internal and external."|
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
For over 125 years, Prudential has helped customers achieve financial security and peace of mind. Prudential accomplishes this mission by providing our customers with the advice and information they seek supported by excellent service. Prudential is a company that our customers trust and our symbol, the Rock of Gibraltar, signifies our strength and commitment to integrity.
Our Guiding Principles
Prudential recognizes its duty to be socially responsible. We demonstrate our responsibility as a corporate citizen when we interact with our customers, associates, and the community at large, following the guiding principles listed below:
- We build lasting relationships with our customers by only offering those products and services that are appropriate to their needs, provide fair value and are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- We nurture a culture within the Company that is highly moral, making decisions based on doing the right work in the right way for the right results.
- We ensure no associate's purpose or business group's bottom line is more important than preserving the name and goodwill of Prudential.
- We foster a climate where all associates act with courage, integrity, honesty, and fairness. We are committed to creating an atmosphere that is free of discrimination or harassment of any kind, and where differences are respected and valued.
- We provide an engaging work environment, where associates can learn, grow and develop, both professionally and personally.
We hold all of our associates to the highest ethical standards. We clearly articulate those standards, reinforce this through enterprise-wide training programs and show a commitment to the communities in which we operate. We provide our employees with resources to use when faced with an ethical dilemma and encourage them to offer suggestions and raise issues as they arise.
|"Doing the right thing for the right reasons should be the hallmark of how we conduct business with the public, our customers, and our associates."|